was a weekly, then bi-weekly illustrated journal of general information which appeared in Paris from 1858 to 1900; then again from 1910 to 1912. L. Duplessis was the first director. The publication was more popular than L’Illustration, and featured many full-page illustrations. Typically the pictures were reprints from The Illustrated London News or the Leipzig newspaper Die Illustrierte Zeitung. With this procedure, low production costs and high circulation numbers could be guaranteed: 15’400 papers were produced in 1866. A. Dumas, P. Féval, A. Karr, V. Sardou, E. Souvestre, A. Wolff were the first collaborators. In 1867 authors like E. About, O. Feuillet, T. Gautier, P. Mérimée, A. de Pontmartin, Prévost-Paradol, Sainte-Beuve, P. de Saint-Victor, and G. Sand joined the publication.